Intro and welding question

To: SHOP-TALK@autox.team.net
Subject: Intro and welding question
From: Scott Beckman <s-beckman@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:57:46 -0800
Could someone please tell me the difference and advantages of a mig welder vs.
an arc welder?

I know a mig is new and state of the art, but I have an old (but it still
works!) arc welder.  It is adjustable down to 30 amps.  Would I be able to use
this to weld thin sheetmetal ?  I am not sure which gauge.  I am just
brainstorming.

And now for the intro, I am restoring a 67 Camaro in my two car garage.  My
wife uses the other half of MY garage for her car.  Go figure.  Anyhow, I am
restoring my car for the second time.  The first time I made a few mistakes,
plus it was a quite a long time ago.  In case you were wondering, it is even
MORE fun the second time around.

TIA, Scott