RE: Air Compressors

To: BOB NOGUEIRA <NKED65A@prodigy.com>
Subject: RE: Air Compressors
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:58:40 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, BOB NOGUEIRA wrote:

> -- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --
>

> If you hook up two 2-3 Hp compressors each with an out put of ,say,  9
> CFM both feeding a common storage tank, will the result be in the
> ballbark of 18 CFM ?
>
> Bob Nogueira

I've been thinking about this, since I have one good 2 HP already.  I
don't see why you could not simply create (out of iron or copper pipe) a
manifold that has an inlet from each compressor and an outlet (with a
regulator) for your sandblaster or whatever.  You could install a shutoff
valve on one compressor so you used just one for small jobs, and crank
both up when sandblasting.

Can anyone think why this would not work?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910