RE: Air Compressors

To: GGORMAN@dsava.com
Subject: RE: Air Compressors
From: Adam.Molaver@mail.cc.trincoll.edu
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:46:14 -0500 (EST)
> As a further point to further confuse the issue, what this scheme is doing is
> putting two compressors in parallel in order to up the mass flow.  In
>contrast,
> a standard two-stage compressor is essentially two compressors in series, a
> scheme which increases mass flow AND pressure.  I'm sure there are electrical
> analogies to both these "circuits".

        I wonder then, if one could pipe the output of a small compressor
(like the ~2bhp one mentioned) to the input (removing the baffleing
system that seems standard on most) of another, somewhat larger one...
Seems like a lot more likely to cause problems if the second compressor
can't deal with the already compressed air, but...  might it work?

ahm