Air compressors

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air compressors
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:51:10 -0700
Hi everyone,

No this isn't yet another request for info about air compressors. I
finaly made the big decision this weekend and picked up a 6.5 HP,
26 gallon Campbell Hausfeld unit that puts out 10.1 SCFM at 90 PSI.
Model number is VT627000. Supposedly made just for Home Depot

The reason I'm sending out this mail is because I was able to buy
it for only $225 and it normaly lists for $389. This unit has been
discontinued and Home Depot has had them on clearance for $250. I
couldn't find any "new" units still in the box so I bought a display
unit which is why they knocked off another $25.

Now since it was a display model it was missing a few parts; intake
filter, tank gauge, regulator and gauge, the LRFs (little rubber feet)
and all the paper work. I figured that since I got what I felt was
a good price I could afford to buy the missing stuff from Campbell
Hausfeld and still come out ahead. When I called Campbell and gave them
the parts list and why I needed them they said that their policy is
to replace missing parts from display models FOR FREE!

So if your in the market for a compressor and can live with 220 volts
you might want to checkout your local Home Depot and see what you can
find. For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area, there was still
another display unit at the San Rafeal Home Depot when I got mine.
You may have to be pretty inisitent about what your looking for if
you go there. A lot of the people on the floor don't have much of a
clue when it comes to pricing on clearance items, etc. Try to talk to
someone behind the main counter if you have to.

Normal disclaimers apply. I've no connection with either Home Depot
or Campbell Hausfeld. But I really want to mention that everyone I
takled to at Campbell was very nice and it seems like a great company.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com