Re: Automotive cooling

To: Bob Hutton <BobHutton@fox.vut.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Automotive cooling
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 02:00:37 -0400
Bob Hutton wrote:
> It involves moving the thermostat from the hot water outlet
> at the top of the engine to the cold outlet at the bottom
> of the radiator.

  This is my first exposure to this idea. However, I have
one warning sign that pops up.

  The business end faces the engine, but I am not so
convinced that the thermostat is getting the hottest
water the engine has to offer.

  Which would mean that the thermostat might not allow
flow until the water IT is in gets to 180 degrees or
whatever the rating of the unit. This might mean the
water elsewhere in the engine could be Darn Hot.

  You might need to fiddle with thermostat ratings. I
don't have a problem with the current location, so I
would probably not bother to do that much fiddling
for a non-problem.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada