Re: PVC air piping

To: todd_wuerdeman@juno.com (Todd E Wuerdeman)
Subject: Re: PVC air piping
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:30:29 PDT
>>>Todd E Wuerdeman said:

 > BTW, What's all the hub-bub, Bub?  Sounds like a perfectly suitable
 > solution for those of us without the proverbial "moneytree"!

The hubbub seems to be that some folks think PVC air piping is unsafe, in that
it is not resilient to surge pressures and can shatter when it fails.

Other folks seem to think that since theirs hasn't exploded yet it's
safe, and besides it was cheap. Probably a lot of PVC installations will
last for years without problems; that doesn't mean it's safe.

I'm on the "PVC is unsafe" side; I won't have it in my garage.  You all do
what you want.  I'd prefer you not use it so that my friends will stick around
and I can borrow tools from them, but you're all grownups, make up your own
mind.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center