Re: PVC air piping

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: PVC air piping
From: Heather & Joe Way <sierrasa@psln.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:05:35 -0700
Berry's response to Todd (below) is *very* well put. I would add--it is
important to note that included among the folks who "think PVC air
piping is unsafe, in that it is not resilient to surge pressures and can
shatter when it fails" are all the manufacturers of PVC pipe, who should
know if anyone does. Also included are a number of people who have seen
and/or been injured by the rather dramatic events that occur when PVC
gives up under air pressure. Think of the way tempered glass fails, add
in the air-driven velocity and you'll be in the ball park.  -----Joe

--
==brake cylinders sleeved with brass==
==One-Wire conversions and rebuild