Re: Extension for a 3/8 drive butterfly wrench

To: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Subject: Re: Extension for a 3/8 drive butterfly wrench
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:49:23 PST
> I just bought a butterfly wrench with 3/8 drive and
> a set of impact wrench sockets.  I tried also to buy
> an extension for the tool, but the only ones available
> are for 1/2  drive tools.  The salesman told me that
> the amount of torque that the wrench delivers was
> small enough that I could use a standard extension.

I'm a bit surprised that people need impact sockets for air ratchets.  Aren't
ordinary sockets OK?  Impact sockets for impact wrenches, sure, but for a
plain air driven ratchet aren't ordinary sockets fine?  Or am I confused?
My 3/8 air ratchet doesn't seem to generate enough torque to worry about; I
usually have to either break loose a nut or do the final torqueing the old
fashioned way.  It sure speeds things up though!  I'd use it all the time if
my compressor didn't keep blowing the circuit breaker.