Re: Extension for a 3/8 drive butterfly wrench

To: ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: Extension for a 3/8 drive butterfly wrench
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:09:17 -0500 (EST)
First of all, I think that the salesman is right.  A butterfly wrench
doesn't develop enough torque to be a problem with a good
quality extension.  I would stay away from HF for extensions though.
I bought some and I twisted the end off of a 3/8" one when I was trying
to remove a stubborn wheel lugnut.  Now I use it to remove bearing races
and other pounding chores.  If you buy cheap sockets, be sure
that they are machined on center.  I have seen some cheap ones that are
that are off center which results in a weakness in the
socket wall.  I also have some cheap allen wrenches that do not
have six equal sides.  They're not much good I'm afraid.  I agree
that there are some good values for cheap tools out there, but a
strong "buyer beware" warning is good advice.

Jim
'80 TR7 dhc

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com