Workshop heating ...was....

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Workshop heating ...was....
From: "Con P. Seitl" <seitl@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 11:55:36 -0800
Matt wrote:

If I had it to do from scratch, I'd build the garage with in-floor
radiant heat.  Warm floor, warm room, fewer drafts, no flames!
--
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking

Absolutely the way to go. You would pretty much have to keep the heat on
all the time, so if your out there every day you would certainly reap the
benifits. In floor heating also helps to dry your floor off real quick.
Do you ever notice that when you want to change oil or something needs
fixing it's always dripping water on you?
   Sometimes I'm out in the garage for 3-4 days straight, sometimes only
for a couple of hours in a couple of days. In anycase, I turn off the
furnace when I'm not there. Saves fuel oil, especially when after a week
of not being there!
    Also, you would still have some flame, your furnace, to heat your in
floor lines, so watch out if your painting. (I suppose you could have a
furnace at another location and pipe the hot water into the shop.)

Cheers,  Con......