Leakdown tester test

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leakdown tester test
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:36:20 -0500
I did a test run of my "home brew" tester against a factory "AUTO
TEST INC" tester and I was surprised to find that the orifice size is
super critical.  In order to duplicate the "leak percentage" figure
on the same cylinder, with the same compressor air supply, with the
same 60 # psi calibration, the orifice size is not a #60 drill (.040)
nor a #56 drill (.046) but it needed to be a # 57 drill (.043).  Each
"thou" made about one percent difference in the leak-down percentage
figure.  Your results may vary.

Tony