Re: New car, new problems

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Subject: Re: New car, new problems
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 02:31:50 GMT
On Tue, 26 May 1998 14:56:44 -0700, you wrote:

: Does anyone have a good source for a re-breather ?  I looked at TIP =
tools
:and they seem awfully expensive.  All I want is a small air filter type
:thing to avoid the same mistakes I made with my lungs when I restored my
:first 2 cars.  I built the TIP bead blasting cabinet and I think some =
type
:of breathing apparatus would be a nice thing to have.  Yes, I was young =
and
:foolish once and my lungs paid a heavy price, I am now wiser and more
:careful.  I don't want any thing to exotic or expensive but I do want =
more
:than a paper mask or cartridge filter.

Well if a cartridge filter won't do, then a turbine air supply to a
mask or hood is the next step, I think.  I use the same (larger than
minimum) turbine type supply that came with my HVLP sprayer outfit.
The same turbine will keep my OSHA-approved sand blasting hood and the
HVLP gun working at the same time for hardened urethane paints, etc.
There are hoods made of Tyvec with good visibility and a neat air
supply connection available for under $100.  Add that to a HVLP setup
and you are ready to paint.

-Roland