New car, new problems

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New car, new problems
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 14:56:44 -0700
  Does anyone have a good source for a re-breather ?  I looked at TIP tools
and they seem awfully expensive.  All I want is a small air filter type
thing to avoid the same mistakes I made with my lungs when I restored my
first 2 cars.  I built the TIP bead blasting cabinet and I think some type
of breathing apparatus would be a nice thing to have.  Yes, I was young and
foolish once and my lungs paid a heavy price, I am now wiser and more
careful.  I don't want any thing to exotic or expensive but I do want more
than a paper mask or cartridge filter.

  Almost on the same subject, can I use a kitchen stove top hood for a
small painting booth or will it go BOOM ?  I plan on building a small box
for painting all the usual small parts that go into a car, nothing big or
fancy just 3 feet by 3 feet  and I was thinking of using a kitchen hood to
remove the paint vapors.  What I want to do is cut a hole in the garage
wall and hang a box in the hole on the outside, with plastic on the inside
of the garage.  Start the fan, paint the part, let down the plastic and
keep working on other things while the paint dries and hope that keeps the
majority of the vapors out of the garage.  Will it work, will it go boom,
is there better for not too much money (considering I already have a old
hood to use).

        mike
p.s. sorry if you get this twice, I sent it earlier from my work account
that is not subscribed to the list and I think the first one did not go out
to the list.