RE: FIBERGLASS

To: "'Gerald Brazil'" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>,
Subject: RE: FIBERGLASS
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:04:03 -0600
Well, I'll disagree.  When I was repairing the floor on my Spitfire 8 years
ago, the floor was starting to go "swissy" but with most of the steel still
there.  I wire brushed it, chemically etched it to remove any corrosion, and
treated it with a zinc phosphate coating.

I then laid in three layers of fiberglass cloth with resin....

No corrosion since.

Jim