Re: Cool Tools

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cool Tools
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 17:17:44 -0800
>pickup.  His cabinet has a fan built on to it to vent the dust.  He cut a
>hole in the side of the garage and vents it outside without requiring the
>use of a vacuum cleaner.  I think one of these could be built for a lot less
>than $500.  Especially if you know someone that has one that you can sort-of
>copy.

 Tip has plans for blast cabinets at a reasonable price.  Having built TIPs
cabinet I am glad I got the plans because I think it was easier than trying
to copy another one since I wanted my own size for my projects.  I also
bought a bunch of the parts from TIP because they were convenient.  I like
mine a lot and I think I will try that fan idea of yours because I don't
like running my shop vac in that small room where I put the blast cabinet
it gets too noisy and besides it probably is messing up the shop vac.  I
have run it without the vac and its ok for a few minutes at a time so a fan
will probably be perfect.

        mike