Re: Cool Tools

To: mikey@inline-tech.com
Subject: Re: Cool Tools
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 20:05:21 -0600
I to built the one from TIPs plans.  Works great.  I also customized mine
slightly for my needs.  Buying their parts was also the easier route to go.
One thing I did do was to build my own vacuum using some of their parts
and some of mine.  My brotherinlaw brought me to 30 gal drums from work
that I used for the canisters.  I bought one of TIPs used vacuum motors
and their dust bag that goes inside the vac.  The unit works great and my
cost was less than half of what a new one costs.

The only thing I haven't done that I plan to add is a second spotlight in the
cabinet.  Their plans show one only on the left side but that makes viewing
difficult at times so I plan on adding one to the right.

One other note, the siphon tube they sell works absolutely perfect.  I've
never had a clog in it and I've used the cabinet for hours on end.

> >pickup.  His cabinet has a fan built on to it to vent the dust.  He cut a
> > hole in the side of the garage and vents it outside without requiring
> >the use of a vacuum cleaner.  I think one of these could be built for a
> >lot less than $500.  Especially if you know someone that has one that you
> >can sort-of copy.
>
>  Tip has plans for blast cabinets at a reasonable price.  Having built
>  TIPs
> cabinet I am glad I got the plans because I think it was easier than
> trying to copy another one since I wanted my own size for my projects.  I
> also bought a bunch of the parts from TIP because they were convenient.  I
> like mine a lot and I think I will try that fan idea of yours because I
> don't like running my shop vac in that small room where I put the blast
> cabinet it gets too noisy and besides it probably is messing up the shop
> vac.  I have run it without the vac and its ok for a few minutes at a time
> so a fan will probably be perfect.
>
>  mike

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1959 TR3A TS41311L
1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108