RE: Screwdriving

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Screwdriving
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:16:00 -0500

-> It seems to me (scratching his head) that contractors, who use a lot
-> of screws, wouldn't have time for soaping the screws. Perhaps they
-> don't try to drive 4" screws either!

 No local contractor would be caught dead driving a screw.  Power
staplers, even for framing and sheetrock.  When they can't get a staple
big enough, they use nailguns powered by .22 blanks.  I don't think most
of them would recognize a hammer or know its proper use.

 My shop is put together with screws and construction adhesive.  No
nails anywhere.  Even the framing and trusses are screwed together.