RE: Singing the praises of Simple Green (NOT!)

To: "'Nils O. Ny'" <n.ny@intest.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Singing the praises of Simple Green (NOT!)
From: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:03:33 -0800
I've never been too worried about the 'naturalness' of degreasers.  I mean
really, if I get half a pound of ancient grease/oil/tar/goo to come off my
car and onto the ground with 1 ounce of purple stuff, green stuff, or the
juice from an organically grown orange, it doesn't change the fact that the
goo I've taken off the car isn't biodegradable.

I understand worrying about safety, since it's nice to know in advance if
you should wear gloves, respirator, and goggles, and whether to keep the
stuff off painted surfaces, etc. but natural and biodegradable always seem
like marketing hype to me.

That's my $0.02.
keithka
www.keithka.com