Re: Craftsman Club calendar

To: Eric J Petrevich/LRM <inch@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Club calendar
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:43:10 -0500
Eric J Petrevich/LRM wrote:
> At the "Sears Craftsman" stores they always give a 10% discount to club
> members.  Then if there is a special sale you get that also.  FWIW, you
> don't need your card, each Sears can check based on your phone number.
>
> Here is a sample of a deal that the club card helped with.
>
> I was buying a shaper table and a table saw (along with some other things)
> The sale was something like 30% off of any purchase of 2 or more power
> tools.  Plus, I was also able to get an additional 10% off of the other
> items.  That sale alone saved me about $150 bucks.  The club doesn't cost
> anything, so if you save 2 bucks a year, Sears just bought you a beer!

That's the theory, at least, but I shop at a Sears Hardware and
they're the ones who don't seem to care that I have it.  A few times,
when I bought some tools, I presented it and they told me that it
didn't apply.

I agree that since it's free, any discount you get is a good one, but
I started off with the idea that there would be a discount on tools,
all the time, and haven't seen one yet.

Is the store not doing things right here?

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
     mailto:Heerschap@eng.kns.com