Re: Fuel Injector Tester?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Injector Tester?
From: Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:48:39 -0500
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 11:24:04PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>       How do you tell if it's drawing _current_. I think maybe the coil on
>       one of mine has opened up, plus I want to verify current draw on newly
>       installed ones.

I don't measure what current they're drawing, but I can't see how an
inline LED is going to do that either.  You _can_ see if the circuit
is closing, though.

On my SAAB, there is a resistance range specified in the shop manual.
Measuring that gives you a clue as to the condition of the injector.
What kind of car is it?
--
Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Bloomington, Indiana