Re: Tools.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools.
From: Steve Budde <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:45:54 PDT
I don't think anyone intentially abuses tools.  Sometimes the fastener is
tougher than the wrench.
For anyone in the Chicago area, there is a Sears on Laurence about 1800 West
that has never hassled me on bit about a return.  I have been going there
for over 20 years, starting when I found a Craftsman screwdriver handle in
the street as a 8 year old kid, walked over to the tool dept. next time we
went there, told the guy I found it and walked out with a 3' long flat blade
driver.  It works great for lower radiator hoses (of course I still have
it).  I have also returned tools that are over 30 years old, that I got from
my uncle.  He fixed Chevy's for 20 years with nothing but Craftsman, and the
manager was suprised to see a tool that old had just now failed.
Maybe those of us who have had no problems should let the others know where
the good stores are.

Steve Budde
super_racenut@hotmail.com