Re: Tools.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools.
From: Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:24:13 -0500
On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 10:27:02AM -0400, Derek Harling wrote:
> You know what worries me about some of the inputs on this subject? - we
> have people apparently willing to abuse their tools and then expect
> Sears, or anyone else, to honor a replacement warranty.

Apparently you never saw the Sears/Craftsman commercial where the guy
uses a big Craftsman screwdriver to substitute for part of his trailer
hitch that fell out and tows some stuff home in his truck that way.
Then he takes the screwdriver in for replacement.  Then they go on
about how if a Craftsman hand tool ever fails for any reason you can
bring it back for a free replacement no questions asked.

Much less litigious times.

That was my first exposure to the Craftsman warranty.  At the age of
about 7.

Ah well, talk about off-topic!
--
Matt Liggett <mml@pobox.com>