Re: Dewalt

To: "Aaron Bergman" <bergman@oldihc.org>,
Subject: Re: Dewalt
From: David Cole <racrcole@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:04:16 -0500
At 08:45 PM 8/19/99 -0500, Aaron Bergman wrote:
, I see they have a sale on
>a Dewalt 7" grinder, for 99.99.  I have never owned any Dewalt tools before,
>but they seem to be quite a bit cheaper than other decent brands.  My guess
>is that they are so much less expensive because they are either worthless,
>or made in Taiwan (China, Korea, etc.) and therefore worthless.  Does anyone
>have any experience with Dewalt, and are they halfway decent tools?  Thanks
>Aaron Bergman

Dewalt tools are some of the best power tools you can get IMHO.  The reason
for the low price on this item is that is a factory reconditioned
(ie..used) tool.

Don't let that scare you away though.  I bought one of their reconditioned
14.4V 1/2" cordless hammer drills with 2 batteries almost two years ago.
It works as good as new and I saved $$.   I took the case apart on mine and
it appeared to be all new inside, only a used case and chuck.   I also have
a Dewalt 4" angle grinder that I bought new over 5 years ago and it works
perfect after much use.

I have looked at several refurbished Dewalt items at a traveling tool show
and they all looked practically new, only a few scratches and a big "R"
stamped on it for warranty purposes.   The drill I bought still had a one
year warranty.

Later,

David Cole