siamese compressors

To: Shop-Talk@autox.team.net
Subject: siamese compressors
From: Fred Zampa <fzampa@cennet.mc.peachnet.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:42:40 -0400
Hello all:
         I have two large Gilbarco gas station compressors
which I would like to run in tandem in the hope of getting enough air to
sandblast without frustration.

How do I go about hooking them up ?

 I thought I might just take my air off one compressor in the usual way and
then connect the standard outlet of the second compressor to the tank of
the first one.  Do I need a one- way valve anywhere?
  The compressors have slightly different bores, tank sizes,
and pressure shut off settings. will this lack of match be a problem ?
  What size wire do I use to run two 20amp , 220volt units ?
    Any other ideas ?
             thanks, Fred Zampa