Re: Anti-seize

To: James Babcock <jbabcoc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anti-seize
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:25:05 -0800
Just as there are "O2 sensor safe" gasket makers, there are also "O2
sensor safe" anti-siezes.  Check the package.  If it was made in the
last 10 years or so, and doesn't say "sensor safe", it probably isn't.
Before that, I believe the nickel and copper based ones were OK, but the
lead or zinc ones weren't.  Unfortunately, many of them use a mixture,
and it's hard to tell.

Randall