"Welding " stainless

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Welding " stainless
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:59:23 -0700
I wanted to thank the list for the advice I received on my
question regarding trying to weld the stainless steel fender on
my BSA.

I took your advice, and brazed it using a Blue Demon LFBFC (low
fuming, bronze flux coated) rod, and it was very easy to do, even
for an amateur. I used a grinder on the cracks to prep it, and
then brazed it on the underside of the fender -- it actually came
out looking very nice.

Hopefully it will not crack again -- I tried hard to not heat it
anymore than necessary. This is the first time I dared to put a
torch to one of my bikes, and so far, it is working great.

Thanks again.

doug