Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:08:00 -0500

-> if I
-> could only learn how to weld.  I've read and read and read but
-> nothing sticks
-> in my head....

 Step 1) turn on welder
 Step 2) play with lightning

or

 Step 1) light torch
 Step 2) play with fire

 Seriously.  I did the same thing; read everything I could find, welder
sat idle while I developed a big case of FUD.  Get some scrap metal and
*do* it.  You'll make a lot of mess at first.  Don't worry; no book can
teach you what you need to keep the puddle under the arc or set the
flame just right.

 "Just do it."  Then, once you get some pieces stuck together that don't
fall apart when you whack them with a hammer, *then* go back to the
books, and all that stuff will make perfect sense.  "Ah, *that's* what
they were talking about!"

 Do it.  You'll be glad you did!

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
============================== http://angelfire.com/ar/dw42/index.htm