Re: cell phone wiring

To: Paul F Mele <Paul.Mele@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: cell phone wiring
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:32:58 -0500
Paul F Mele wrote:

> I'm worried about a certain statistic....People driving while talking on
> cell phones have the same accident and death rate as DRUNK DRIVERS.  This is
> NOT becouse of their hands or ears being occupied...it's the same with or
> without the hands-free set-ups.  It's because driver's minds are diverted
> from driving towards the conversation.

I don't doubt this statistic but I have a question.  If it is the
conversation that cause the problem how come talking to your
passenger does not result in the same accident rate?   Why
is the phone call different than an in person conversation?

Bill Gilroy

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
wmgilroy.vcf]