Re: cell phone wiring

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cell phone wiring
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:28:57 -0600
No question driving occupies grey matter. The faster you drive, the more
bandwidth driving uses.  Loping down I-20 with the cruise on between Abilene
and Midland require a brain the size of a peanut, which accommodates most
drivers.
   When you drive like we do, all receptors are at Full Scan and
conversation is minimal.
    And then you have guys like my boss, who drives like Earnhart (his
hero), talking non-stop, tailgating, maybe passing on the shoulder
occasionally.

There was an interesting thread like this on the Improved Touring list  a
few months back. Someone posted a mpg from a guy in a Acura Integra on a
road course. He was trying to act like an expert and give a running lap with
full commentary as he drove at race speeds. Looked real cool right up until
the early apex, off-tack at exit and roll. Last comment was "F@$*!"
He was basically using more bandwidth than available.

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Marketing Director
WM Automotive Whse., Fort Worth TX