RE: cell phone wiring

To: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cell phone wiring
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:00:00 -0700
>Any way, they examined drivers involved in wrecks and determined how many were
>using the cell phone at the time of the wreck.

Tim, I don't think that's what it said.  Or at least that is not what I read in
the abstract.

http://www.nejm.org/content/1997/0336/0007/0453.asp

The study refers to calls made CLOSE to the time of the wreck (your word), it
does not say they were talking on the phone at the
time of the wreck.  I believe the conclusion is that people who use cell phones
are more likely to be involved in wrecks than those
that do not use cell phones.  That does not indicate talking on the phone is
the cause.

It also makes no conclusion as to who was at fault in the wreck.

Larry Hoy