Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:56:42 -0800
Richard Beels wrote:

> About to go load up the parts cleaner.  Anybody here ever used both simple
> green and super Agitene care to discuss the differences between the two?
>
> Cheers!

Richard,

I cannot really comment about simple green as a tank solvent, but
I have been using super Agitene in my 30 gal parts washer for a
couple years now, and it is just great.  Works like a champ,
actually smells good, is easy on the skin, not supposed to cause
cancer, not flammable, does not appear to evaporate, but a bit
pricey.

I am still on my original fill (no changes or added solvent) with
no sign of solvent deterioration. I don't know how long it will
last, but even at this point, I would refill the tank with super
Agitene. It actually is very pleasant "stuff" to be around.

regards,

doug

///
///