Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaner Fluids....
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:11:12 -0500
Hey, I've got 60 gallons or so of mineral spirits, naptha, xylene, toulene,
MEK, acetone, laquer thinner, kerosene, diesel fuel, gas in my garage.  I'm
sure I'm forgetting some other petroleum distillates as well.

It's just for the parts cleaner, I'd like something that isn't going to
give me a head rush as I stand there cleaning stuff.  That, and I'd rather
spend $60 more ($100 for 10 gal vs. $40 for naptha) an not have to deal
with the wife's complaining about the smell all the time.....

And I wouldn't consider OM beer anymore....

:-)

At 17:55 1/21/2001,  TONY CLARK was inspired to say:

>For a minute I was afraid naptha had gotten EPA illegal or something but I
>called my local oil distributor and it's still a buck eighty-five in bulk.
>

>$18.50 for 10 gallons of  naptha
>   24.00 for 2 cases of Old Milwaukee 16 oz. cans
>______
>$42.50

Cheers!

///