Re: 100- or 200-amp service for shop?

To: Lee Daniels <daniels@tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: 100- or 200-amp service for shop?
From: David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:17:13 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Lee Daniels wrote:

:
:This question is from a friend... I wish it were from me!  He just built
:a 60x40 shop (professionally-installed insulated metal building) and is
:getting ready to bring the power in from the pole.  The utility company
:asked whether he wanted 100- or 200-amp service (I assume that this is
:at 220V).  He doesn't use heavy equipment --- he mostly does restoration
:work on antique furniture.  What's the scoop?

I'd get 200 amp service.  Even if he doesn't need it now, he might want it
in the future.  A welder and a big air-compressor will eat up lots of power,
and it will cost a fortune to upgrade later.

David

///
///