Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)
From: "Richard Boyce" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:37:49 -0700
If you are starting from scratch then in the floor is the only way to go.
The technology and parts and materials are much more common place and
affordable than they were just a few years ago. I have been in several shops
and houses that are heated this way and they are great. Remember this is
radiant heat, just set the thermostat and forget it.These are not fast
recovery systems, so leaving the thermostat at one setting is usually the
way to go.
I have a unit heater in my shop at home and it does quite well and is an
alternative, but does not compare to radiant heat. My shop at work also has
unit heaters but with the door going up and down during the day we
experience a lot of heat loss.
As far as laying down the tubing and connecting to the manifold on a in the
floor system I believe this is very viable for a do it yourselfer. Get some
input from your local supplier. You might be surprised at how easy it is.
                                     Richard

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///