Re: Any ideas?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any ideas?
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:23:50 -0500
I am coming in a little late on the question of moving moving the 2500 lb slab
from the floor to the top of the support table. Here is what I would do: I would
"jack and stack" the slab up to the correct height on cribbing next to the
table,
then I would get a bunch of pipe or rods (all the same size) and place them
under
the slab. Then, very slowly, roll the slab forward, removing each rod as it is
exposed and placing it ahead of the moving slab. When you get it in place, jack
it up again and remove the rods. Before doing this, I would temporarily secure
the cribbing to the table so it doesn't kick out as it is moving from the
cribbing to the table. This would be a 2+ person job, with one person grabbing
the rods and the other controlling the movement of the slab.

Mike

"Timothy R. Hoerning" wrote:

> Inch,
>
>         Could you use a  rolling engine hoist?  Even the folding ones are
> usually rated at 1 ton (at the shortest arm setting).
>
>                 Tim

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=204428>

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see
a fine picture and, if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, poet, dramatist, novelist, and philosopher
(1749-1832)

///
///