Re: Buildings

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <epetrevich@relavis.com>
Subject: Re: Buildings
From: "Eric Schulte" <schulte@odpemail.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:52:04 -0600
Hi Inch,

I just had a 40'x60'x16'eve steel building constructed for a shop on the back
acre about two months ago. It is a Mueller building with two 10'x10' roll doors
and one 3x7 walk door. It is fully insulated (roof and walls) and has three
closeable ridge vents. It is sitting on a hefty slab (82 cu yds) w/#6 rebar in
36" exterior & 24" interior beams and a 12"x12" #3 rebar slab grid. All in all,
I'm very pleased with the structure. The red iron columns and girts are strong
enough to hang a future crane to lift a conservative 1,500 lbs if needed. The
total price, materials and labor came in at $11.50/sq ft based on 2400 sq ft.
The location is central Texas. If you need any additional info on the company
or product, let me know.

Retro-Rick

ps. You can get 12' eve height options, but I may construct a 2nd story loft
and add a car lift in the future.

///
///