Re: lawn tractors

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lawn tractors
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:08:55 -0400
I was at Home Depot and they had a front deck mower that looked just like a
commercial mower where you sit up on top like the
king, but the price was $2995. It was a brand name (Ariens?) and it had a sign
on it saying something like "new to Home
Depot." I really want a front deck, quick turn mower, so this one will probably
be at the top of my shopping list.

At this price you know it is not as sturdy as the true commercial mowers. If
you watch the papers or shop where the
landscapers shop for mowers, you can often find sturdy commercial mowers that
just need a couple of parts replaced for under
$3000.

Jon

JNiolon@uss.com wrote:

> So after discussing my rebuild options on Kohler engines and finding short
> block prices over 700.00 I'm wondering about replacing my 22 year old cub
> cadet...
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on lawn tractors in the 12-20 hp range,
> hydrostatic drive... options would include hydraulic deck lift, pto, etc...
>
> any good reports, warnings, prices, other considerations....  in other
> words... what are you guys happy with or totally dissatisfied with ???
>
> and what about the ZTR (zero turn radius machines) ?
>
> john

///