Re: lawn tractors

To: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Subject: Re: lawn tractors
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:30:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Richard Welty wrote:

> interestingly enough, the current Sears line and the current
> comparable Husqvarna look like they came from the same factory, but
> got different paint and a different steering wheel.

they're both made by american yard products.  they are identical but for
the stuff you mentioned.  the husky dealer claimed the husky had a thicker
deck, but it doesn't.

home depot sells 'scotts', which claim to be 'made by deere', and I
believe somebody said deere was made by somebody else.

I think lawn tractors are pretty much a toss-up.  the all use the same
kohler or b&s engine lines and the same transmission (the hydro, I
mean--they're 'tuff-torque' or something like that, and there's only one),
so buy the cheapest one with (seeming) good build quality and the features
you want (engine size, etc.)

the only advice I have is to avoid snapper.  not worth the money.  at all.

scott, who just cut his grass this morning with his new(ish) snapper and
is still pissed...

///