Re: lawn tractors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lawn tractors
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:08:31 -0500
Ron and Derek express their happiness with their light-duty Sear's and Murray
lawn tractors . . .good for them and I'm sure there are many others whose needs
are met by minimum equipment.  I'll voice however, that in my many years as a
dealer in serious tractors (Kubota and Massey) ,  ex-owners of Sear's and
discount house lawn tractors became our very best customers.  Many of their
first visits to our dealership came directly after various blow-ups and bad
experiences with obtaining parts and service for ridiculous failures in such
areas as steering, belt-drive layouts and really poor mower deck design. I
suspect that most people who have had good long term experience with cheap lawn
tractors really only needed a good rider or a walk-behind to begin with!

Tony_may_be_biased_@Sherman.Texas

///