RE: Welding & WTC

To: "Eric Murray" <ericm@lne.com>, "Richard Beels"
Subject: RE: Welding & WTC
From: "Paul F Mele" <Paul.Mele@usermail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:28:57 -0400
Somewhere last week I heard that usual building fires hit 1500 F, but the
jet fuel got it up to 2500 F; whatever the numbers, I heard several times
that the heat from the jet fuel weakened the steel/ bent it, and hence the
floor-by-floor (they don't use 4x4's) collapse. Impact was not the issue.

Paul Mele

-

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:52:37AM -0400, Richard Beels wrote:

> No, they didn't figure in the fire from the fuel or at least, the plane
> scenario had the plane going though the building - not exploding
within....

I think they figured on a "normal" fire, not one resulting
from a full cross-country load of fuel.

///