Re: Plumbing question #1

To: reynolds@ll.mit.edu, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plumbing question #1
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:55:21 EST
In a message dated 12/5/01 4:10:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
reynolds@ll.mit.edu writes:

> I ran into a similar problem once. I had turned off the water supply But I
> did
> not drain the water from the pipe. The water left in the pipe didn't let
> the
> fitting get hot enough. I was able to solder it after I drained the water.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think I mentioned in a later post that I am assembling the riser pipes out
of the house.  These pieces have never had water in them, they are all new
stock.  That isn't the problem.

Also, I believe the valves are cast copper, not brass as I originally said.
I fiddle with it some more tonight.

And thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"