RE: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?

To: "Spector, Larry" <Larry_Spector@NAI.com>,
Subject: RE: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:25:50 -0800
At 02:32 PM 12/5/2001 -0600, Spector, Larry wrote:

>So do you use a standard floor jack on your makeshift bridge? Do you jack up
>the car before lifting it? I can't picture exactly how this would work. One
>of the costs I was trying to avoid by going with a 2 post lift was the
>$1500+ rolling jack I thought I'd need with a 4 post.

   They are not makeshift bridges they are built for this use, I use a
standard floor jack on mine and it works very well, I have 2, one is fairly
narrow at 8 inches which works with my cheap k-mart jack and the other is a
full 12 inches that my big jack goes on.   The problem with the big jack is
that the handle does not come off so it can get in the way.  They are
really thick, I think 1/4 or 5/16 but the web site says 3/8" maybe they are...

   The manufacturer's web site of my lift has a picture at
http://www.liftsunlimited.com/options.html  I have one econo and one
gliding tray.  I lift the car on the lift and then jack it up.

   By the way, in my earlier post I didn't mention the manufacturer, I did
now with the above link...I am not affiliated with them, I am not making
money off them and I am not even a satisfied customer.   I don't think the
list would be interested in the gory details as to why I am not satisfied
so e-mail me privately if you feel you must know the details, otherwise
lets just say I love having a lift, I am living very happily with my mistake.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/