Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for

To: mjb@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for
From: Randall <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:18:20 -0800
Chris Heerschap wrote:

> Is this similar to the $50 Harbor-Freight manual changer?  Does that
> one actually work with normal tires, specifically something in the
> 205/50-15 range?

The very one.  I've dismounted and mounted car tires near that size
(185/65-15, 195/50-15, 205/55-15), with only a modicum of sweat and
swear words.  Bead lubricant is a must, I use Simple Green in a spray
bottle.

There's also a bit of skill involved, it gets easier as you do more
tires and learn to avoid mistakes.  The 205s are a bit wide for my 5.5"
rims, I had to use a clamp on the rim to keep the tire from walking off
as fast as I walked it on.  But, even an air-operated machine had a hard
time with the 195s on the same rims.

Randall