Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for

To: "Jeff Cocking" <jeff@cocking.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about Radiant Heated Floors and drilling for
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:59:58 -0600
>I am planning a garage to be built later this year.  In the garage, I am
>setting aside an area for a future machine/wood shop.  I do not know
>exact equipment that will be going in that area, hence the footprint of
>the equipment.  If I install radiant heating system, how do I bolt the
>equipment to the floor.  I just can not drill.  I might strike hot water
>(on many levels).  How do I plan for this?  What have others done?  Is
>there a way to attach equipment to keep it from moving, without bolting
>to the floor.

I have worked on many lathes and milling machines over the years, including
some big CNC rigs.  I don't think any of them have been bolted to the floor.

Manually-operated tire-changing machines might be a problem.  One might have
to affix the machine to a base large enough for the operator to stand on.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org