RE: welding question

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: welding question
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:55:50 -0700
How about one of those magnets they sell in the welding section of Home
Depot?  The one I got there is kind of arrow shaped, so it has a 45
degree angle built into it.  I suspect it's pretty close to an exact 45
degrees.

Your bigger challenge (I think) will be welding just the right amount
from each side so it doesn't shrink too much from one side and end up at
some angle other than 45 degrees when it cools off.  If there's room for
a gusset, it might be a big help in maintaining the angle.