Re: blowing up gophers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blowing up gophers
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:26:52 -0600
I've had good luck gassing them.

Ever read the label of a bleach bottle?

"Do not use or mix with other household chemicals such as toilet bowl
cleaners, rust removers, acids or products containing ammonia.  This
will release hazardous gases."  Chlorine gas I believe.

If these are pocket gophers, open up the mound looking for the main
tunnel.  Or use a wire probe around the mound feeling for the tunnels.
After opening up the tunnel, pour in some "Draino" crystals. (I believe
Red Devil lye is the same material.)  Then pour bleach onto the crystals
and quickly cover the opening with cardboard and dirt to seal the
tunnel.

Blake