Re: blowing up gophers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blowing up gophers
From: "Tim" <hazman@harborside.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:21:38 -0700
Some very funny stuff for a Friday night....thanks for the laugh.   But,
with an almost legendary mole problem on our place, also quite interesting.
I remember a thread here some time ago about rodents (rats, mostly).  I
learned some tricks that work, so here's hoping someone, lunatic or just
borderline, hits on a working solution for burrowing critters as well.

So far, our best tool is a raggedy-assed Airedale terrier that could
probably outdig Inch's backhoe, but he doesn't distinguish moles and gophers
from weasels very well, or anything else for that matter.  Weasels are one
bad-ass gopher killing machine, but they don't domesticate very well.  I
watched one charge into a mountain beaver burrow and pull the occupant out
by the snout; the boomer must have been 3 times the size and weight of the
weasel.  What a fury!  Jeez!!

TimV.