Re: Ordered a parts washer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ordered a parts washer
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:12:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/02 4:43:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jniolon@wans.net
writes:

> I'm just dumb I guess... why do you need 20 gallons... can't you just pour 5
> gallons in the 20 gallon tank and the pump pick it up ??  would save lots
> of

- - - - - - - - - - -

You're not dumb!  I actually was planning on trying about 10 gallons to
start.  I've never had a 20 gal. washer before, so I won't know until I try
it.  I only used about 2 gallons in my 3 1/2 gal. washer and it worked fine.

5 gallons of Super Agitene is $47.50 (plus shipping) from Grainger.  10
gallons is more than the washer, but maybe 5 gallons is enough.  I would
rather keep the quantity of fluid a little higher to keep the fluid to dirt
ratio on my side.  Any other places sell Agitene?

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"