Re: Ordered a parts washer

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ordered a parts washer
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:09:23 -0700
Eric Murray wrote:
- snip -

> My parts washer is sitting out in the barn providing a home
> for spiders, but when I set it up again, I'll use something
> that's made for parts washers and has a rust-preventative
> as well.  Sucks to get a steel part all clean only to have it
> rust up the next day.

I know, I know, I am the proverbial broken record on
solvents, but the Super Agitene contains lanolin which
puts an almost undetectable coating on the part so the
part won't rust the minute you take it out of the tank.

The lanolin also is there for your hands -- you can use
this stuff without wearing gloves, it smells great,
lasts forever, blah, blah, blah...

I know you are tired of hearing this, but if you can
afford it, again I say you will not regret spending the
money.  I bought 30 gallons of the stuff for my
drum/barrel-type parts washer back in 1997 or 98--it
was a great decision.  I use it very often for my
motorcycles (a BSA and a Harley-Davidson), a Triumph
TR6 that I basically have disassembled and re-assembled
in the parts washer, a 75 Ford Van, a couple new cars,
etc. -- it has seen a ton of use, but still looks,
smells as works the same as it did when I loaded it up.

I love using the stuff -- not many people will tell you
that about the solvent in their parts washers -- trust
me on this one.

doug
los angeles