RE: Ordered a parts washer

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ordered a parts washer
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:38:49 -0400
LBC286@aol.com [mailto:LBC286@aol.com] wrote:

> You're not dumb!  I actually was planning on trying about 10 gallons to
>start.  I've never had a 20 gal. washer before, so I won't know until I try
> it.  I only used about 2 gallons in my 3 1/2 gal. washer and it worked fine.

I've know people to put about 10 gallons of water in their tank, and 5 gallons
of solvent.  The solvent "floats" on the water since it is lighter (less dense).

The drain from the washer is extended to near the bottom of the tank, and the
solvent is pumped from near the surface.  It works much like the "bong" filter
that is being discussed for blast cabinets.  The "gunk" settles out in the
water,
and occasionally has to be removed.  Not sure if this actually works, but I've
known people that swear by this...

Tim Mullen